I was a girl.我小时候。
发布网友
发布时间:2023-07-14 14:05
我来回答
共1个回答
热心网友
时间:2024-02-26 10:58
Ever since I was a girl my own mother vowed
从我小时候起 我的母亲就告诉我
I must find the way to power through a noble brow
我必须借助权贵爬上权利顶端
I married once for love then my senses came
为了爱情我结过一次婚但我很快就意识到
I must marry for the stature of my husband's name
我必须要嫁给一个有权有势的男人
Onto marriage number two
所以再婚之后
I knew what I had to do
我很清楚我该怎么做
and my poor husband fell ill in a year or two
我可怜的丈夫在一两年内就病逝了
Solved problem number one now to problem number two
第一个问题解决了 现在轮到了第二个问题
His doe-eyed little girl with gentle point of view
就是他那个天真又善良的小女儿
Would I ship her off to school?
我该把她送去学校吗?
No! I told her if she stayed that she'd have to earn her keep and so she became the maid
当然不! 我告诉她 如果她想留下就得付出 就这样她变成了家里的女仆!
She was lazy! She was crazy!
她是个懒骨头!她是个疯婆子!
She was talking to the mice!
她曾和老鼠们说话!
She was hopelessly naive so she had to pay the price
她天真得无药可救 她必须得付出代价!
I moved her to the attic out of sight and out of mind
我让她搬去阁楼 眼不见啊心不烦
I could have thrown her out but I'm benevolent and kind
我本可以把她赶出家门,可我实在是太仁慈了
Mother your heart's too big for you!
妈妈, 您的心胸实在是太宽广了!
I knew what I had to do
我很清楚我该怎么做
After all difficult children will take advantage of your good nature
毕竟 坏小孩总是会因为你的好脾气得寸进尺!
So you lock them up
所以你把她们关起来!
Throw away the key
然后把钥匙扔掉!
There's one on every family tree
每个家族中总有一个这样的孩子
Ungrateful!
忘恩负义!
Hateful!
让人讨厌!
Vile too! The things she put you through!
一肚子坏水!害你遭受这么多破事!
Break their spirit so they obey
摧残他们的心灵 让他们乖乖听话!
Now they'll do anything you say
现在他们会服从你的一切命令!
Maybe you'd call it cruel but
也许你认为残忍 但是
others would call it love
其他人会称这就是爱
Tough Love!
严厉的爱!
I ask you is it a crime to strive for perfection in all things?
我问你 任何事都追求完美有什么错吗?
Oh no they're so cute when they're little but then they grow up and just ruin everything
噢不 他们小时候很可爱 但是长大之后把一切都毁了!
I never wanted children
我从来没想要过孩子
life was better on my own
我一个人过得多好
all the screaming nagging chilled me to the bone
小孩子的哭声真是要了我的命!
But then one day I came across a flower growing free
但有一天我遇到了一朵拥有魔力的花
It's magic kept me young so I kept it all for me
它可以让我保持青春美貌 我便将它占为己有
But someone g it up now a baby held the power
但有人把它挖了出来 接着一个宝宝拥有了这魔力
So I "borrowed"her and locked her up and hid her in a tower
所以我将她“借走” 锁起来藏在塔里
Years went by Oh The sacrifice
多年之后 噢 我做出了多少牺牲!
and against my better judgment I fed her once or twice.
为了让自己更好 我还得偶尔去喂她
Teenagers now I know why wild eat their young
年轻人啊!现在我终于知道为什么野兽会吃掉他们的孩子了!
But that's messy
但那也太麻烦了
Manipulation's easily more fun
操控他们会更加简单有趣
A little guilt a lot of force of course you have to lie
一点内疚 大量压迫 当然还有一点小谎!
remind them that without you they'd shrivel up and die
提醒他们 没有你 他们根本活不下去!
They only have themselves to blame
他们只能怪自己!
If you'd been there you'd do the same
如果你身临其境 你也会这样做!
So work them hard 'til they fall in line
所以使劲使唤他们 让他们乖乖听话!
There's one way and it's only mine
一切都得按我的方式来
Children are lazy
小孩们都懒惰至极!
Spoiled too
也同样被宠坏了!
But we know what to do
但是我们知道我们该怎么做!
Govern them with a heart of stone
用铁石心肠治治他们!
Lock them up so they're all alone
把他们锁起来 让他们体会孤独!
Maybe you'd call it cruel but
也许你觉得这很残忍 但是
others would call it love tough love
其他人会称这就是爱 严厉的爱!
Ugh! Her own tower with a water view and she runs away the first chance she gets
啊! 她明明就有一个能看到水景的高塔 结果她一有机会就想逃走!
These wretched brats think the world owes them something
这些小屁孩总认为世界欠了他们什么
But it doesn't
但并不是!
Far and wide I rule the kingdom with a heavy hand
在一个遥远的地方 我用严厉的手段统治着王国
but there was more I had in mind a greater plan
但这还不够 我有一个更伟大的计划
I never cared to share. So the king would have to fall
我从来不想分享 所以国王必须下台
But his child blocked the way to me and "Fairest of them all"
但是他的孩子挡住了我的去路 还成为了"最漂亮"的人
She was chubby. She was mb and grotesquely optimistic
她很胖 她很蠢 而且还异常乐观
She needed structure in her life She wasn't realistic
她想安排自己的人生 她可一点儿都不现实!
I gave her chores and took away the things that she'd enjoy
我给了她一堆家务 拿走她喜欢的一切
but then I caught her singing songs with birds and then a boy
但后来抓到她和鸟儿一块儿唱歌 接着还遇到了一个男孩!
Love?! Was I just sit by and wait for her to take my crown? No
爱?!我就只睁眼看着等着她把我的皇位夺走?不!
She had sealed her fate!
她已经决定了她的命运!
She had to go and so she did and you know what they say
我除掉了她 因为她必须消失 你知道有句话是这么说的
“An apple once a day keeps your enemies away”
一日一苹果 敌人远离我
Don't be fooled by their tender smile
别再被他们的温柔的微笑给愚弄了!
Give an inch and they'll run a mile
他们只会得寸进尺!
Our idea of a happy home
我们都是为了这个幸福的家
Is one where we live all alone
那是属于我们的地方
Dark. Depressing. Desolate!
黑暗 压抑 且凄凉!
Now let's all drink to that!
现在让我们尽情享受吧!
Call us "wicked" and call us "mean"!
说我们“*” 说我们“卑鄙”
“Cruel”and everything in between
再加上“残忍”及其他一切的批评
You could say it's unjust
你可以说这不公平!
Turning their dreams to st
把他们的梦想化为灰烬!
This is what we call love
但这就是我们所说的爱
Tough Love!
严厉的爱!